Friday, June 12, 2009

MY HUSBAND'S IN BED WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!

I think this picture is funny, however when I told Adam that I emailed this picture to my family because I thought they would all get a kick out of it, especially my dad (because he and Adam love to spar with each other and my Nana in this picture is my dad's Mom), he kinda got upset with me. He didn't think it was so funny. I think it's funny because Adam loves his personal space and really doesn't like to share things like food and his bed. I'm not sure if it's a germ thing, but I still think it's funny to tease him.

The story goes like this....Nana's staying with us because Debora had her baby and my parents went to help her out. Nana does NOT like to be alone and has dementia, so she should be with someone to help her out. On Thursday, Adam came home early from work not feeling well with a headache. He told me he was going to take a nap. A few minutes later, he came to me and said Nana was hanging out in our room and just sitting there staring at him while he was trying to fall asleep. He asked me to come and get her so he could rest. I told him I'd be there in just a minute. Of course, I got distracted and forgot. About a half hour later I went into my room for something and this is what I found. I couldn't stop laughing and had to take a picture. Nana loves going back to bed and really likes our bed...this isn't the first time I've found her in my bed. The best part is when Adam woke up he came downstairs, he said that when he stirred it woke her and she had a sudden look of surprise on her face. Remember, she has dementia--the early stages of Alzheimer's--I wonder what her first thought was, "Why am I in bed with this strange, young man!?!" And of course Adam's thought was, "What? You're in MY BED!!!" I don't see how he doesn't think this is hilarious!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I am laughing so hard! So funny!

Steven and Kristin said...

At least it wasn't a full size bed! I think it's pretty funny, but I won't tell Adam!!

Jamie said...

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at this!!! If you didn't have a picture to prove that Adam fell asleep with Nana, I'd NEVER have believed you! Knowing how much Adam and Nick are alike....this really is quite an unbelievable scenario! I'm still laughing...

jaordyna said...

That IS a pretty funny picture- more so because of the story behind it! Adam's great:)

JeffandRebekah said...

We love you Adam, but this is the best. We are crying from laughing so hard. LOVE IT!!!!

mle said...

I am crying... the best laugh I have had in weeks. I love you Adam, and Nana too. Priceless!