Sunday, September 21, 2008

My REAL first post

My friend Rachel is an accomplished blogger. She created and designed our pretty blog...isn't she wonderful!?! Now it is up to me to keep this rolling. Hmmmm, might be harder than you may think. But I'll do my best and that will have to be good enough!






Tanner was baptized earlier this month. It was such a special day. He was adorable in his new suit. I am so greatful to all the family and friends that came to support him and our family on this special day. I am greatful that Tanner is such a wonderful kid and good example to his younger siblings. He amazes me!



His best friend and cousin, Justin, was baptized with him....the only two which isn't the norm in our stake. They were so much fun to watch as they listened and experienced this day together. When each was confirmed a member of the church, I saw them eagerly look at each other after each "Amen" to see how the other looked--like they were going to witness some miraculous change! Too cute.




Emma was just as or more excited that her brother got baptized. She asked Tanner all day, "Did you get baptized?" Which he would patiently answer, "Yes." Then she asked Connor, "Did you get baptized?" He said, "No." She then said, "Well, you still need to be good!"

Our home teachers came over tonight and asked Tanner about his baptism. All they got out of him was it was good. No matter what they asked him all he said was it was good or he felt good. On the other hand, Connor could recite all sorts of details from that day. I was so surprised because that kid didn't sit still for more than 10 seconds! He didn't look like he was paying any attention. Sure surprised me!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lindsey very cute blog. You have to keep this up because we don't talk or see each other enough these days, so I am afraid of loosing track of what is going on in your life:) Seriously though you have such a cute family....and I would have to admit that your husband is getting better:)

Rachel said...

Check you out! Bloggin like a maniac! :)

jaordyna said...

Congrats Tanner! What a special day. Glad you blogged it! Love the picture w/ you and the kids. I was baptized with my best friend, too. What a fun part of an already wonderful memorey for Tanner!

Very nicely done blog, by the way.

jjcrew said...

Okay, so why weren't we invited to Tanner's baptism? I can't believe I forgot to bug you about it. Welcome to the ranks of "my oldest child has been baptized." Crazy, huh? Love, Jenn