Friday, September 26, 2008

Is Emma playing soccer?



Emma cracks me up! When I asked the kids if they wanted to play soccer, only Emma and Tanner wanted to play. I was certain she would love being a part of a team, since she was so bummed every baseball game last year her brothers played in and she didn't. Everything was fine until the second practice. She told me she didn't want to play anymore. I asked her why and she said, "That boy pushed me!" I thought to myself, "Whose child is this?" If it had been me, I'm sure I would've pushed or knudged him right back, just to let him know I could take it. The next practice I couldn't get her to participate. She stood motionless on the field when her coach could actually get her on it. To get her to move, I held her hand and ran with her while Jeffrey was in my other free arm. I was trying to get her involved. But it didn't do any good, she just ended up crying. Finally, by the next practice I convinced her to play. She actually seemed excited after the coach asked the kids to pair up. A little girl blurted out, "I want to be Emma's partner!" She had a huge smile on her face as the girls were kicking the ball back and forth. Then came the scrimmage. She was running around and going after the ball, which was a HUGE improvement. Then she stopped in the middle of the field arms folded in defiance with a big scowl on her face. When she came off the field I asked her what was wrong. She said, "That girl with the blue things in her hair is faster than me!" It was same girl that wanted to be her partner! Needless to say, I don't think she is quite ready for competitve sports. I'm still not sure if she's really my daughter.

My friend asked Connor why he didn't want to play. His response was, "I get to have free time! Tanner and Emma have to play. I get to run around and play." What logic!!



11 comments:

Jamie said...

Emma is such a crack-up!! And seriously...hard to believe she's YOUR daughter. Maybe she got her soft side from Adam?? 'Cause we know it wasn't from YOU! :)

Oh...I almost forgot to tell you how offended I am. I had to find out from Julie's blog that YOU now have a blog! Seems I wasn't worthy of informing, huh??? You sucker!!! But you know I love ya! I'm so glad that I can check in on you guys this way!

Rachel said...

I think maybe she's my daughter. . . I'm SO not competitive!!!

Stephanie said...

Look at your post comments of me:)

Cyndi said...

This is the best day of my life...(ok, maybe that was a little dramatic) ha ha

I am so excited you have a blog! I just LOVE hearing about your kids. Emma is so funny. I am curious to hear how the rest of the season goes.

We love you guys.

jaordyna said...

Too fun. All that determination will work for her good as well, so no worries, right?

Bridget said...

How funny! She just wants all the attention...which is totally me! Maybe she's MY daughter! You better work that out with Adam. Love you Sis!

Bridget said...

How funny! She just wants all the attention...which is totally me! Maybe she's MY daughter! You better work that out with Adam. Love you Sis!

Bridget said...

How funny! She just wants all the attention...which is totally me! Maybe she's MY daughter! You better work that out with Adam. Love you Sis!

Bridget said...

Let's see how many times I can leave the same comment! What the heck!!

Rick and Angie said...

Hi! Saw your blog on Julie's! Now that you are blogging...you will never stop! Emma is funny. Guess what? I did the same thing with soccer when I was her age and my mother learned quick I was not a "sports" kind of girl - then she put me into dancing...which is a love I still have...you never know!

clintandleximorgan said...

Hilarious! Emma could be the sweet athletic side of your family! :) Your kids are darling! Love to you all!